The 2022 edition of the Cowes Dinard St Malo Race attracted 105 crews, including five Class40s in early July.
In the English classic, the 2014 Sabrosa placed two newer boats behind it. "We were in the mix from start to finish despite light winds at the start and finish," said Marc Lepesqueux, skipper of Sensation Class40, a few minutes before the prize-giving ceremony on Sunday morning. "Despite having a crew of nine, we stayed in touch and the two gybes to the south, on the route, enabled us to place the others at the rear in our wake.
1. Sensation Class40 Extrême - #140 - M. Lepesqueux - 1j 03h 05m 14s
2. Sogestran Seafrigo - #172 - C. Chateau - 1j 03h 09m 16s
3. Mussolo 40 - #107 - J. Stableford - 1j 03h 10m 58s
4. Palanad 3 - #160 - A. Magré - 1j 03h 30m 52s
5. A L'Aveugle - #115 - A. Le Gallais - 1j 03h 52m 02s