It was in the early morning, at 8:08 am, in a light wind that Inter Invest skippered by Matthieu Perraut crossed the finish line of this first round of the Class40 World Championship. Matthieu and his crew, who, as soon as they left the Pertuis d'Antioche, were positioned at the front of the race, and led this 144-mile race with a masterful hand.
Antoine Carpentier's Redman finished second, 32 minutes behind the 175, sailing the last mile side by side with Aurélien Ducroz's Crosscall. A real match-race between the two Class40s as they finished 5 minutes apart from each other... Incredible last part in the Pertuis where each one of them went for sail changes, adjustments and weight distribution of the crew to make the boat glide as fast as possible. Superb!
A 144-mile course that was finally swallowed up faster than expected with an almost constant wind and pressure in the sails all night. Remember that this course took the fleet north of the zone, towards the Vendée coast, off Les Sables d'Olonne (Petite Barge mark) at first, before sliding towards the south-west, towards the Rochebonne plateau (way-point Rochebonne SE), then back to La Rochelle.
1. Inter Invest - #175 - Matthieu Perraut
2. Redman - #161 - Antoine Carpentier
3. Crosscall - #166 - Aurélien Ducroz
4. La Boulangère bio - #170 - Amélie Grassi
5. Lamotte Module Création - #185 - Luke Berry
6. CER Offshore - Banque du Leman - #159 - Valentin Gautier
7. Captain Alternance - #174 - Kéni piperol
8. Nestenn - Entrepreneurs pour la planète - #153 - Jules Bonnier
9. Sensation Class40 Extrême - #140 - Marc Lepesqueux
10. Dopamine Sailing team - #104 - Florian Gueguen
11. Chocolats paries - Screb - Jedo - #123 - Jean-Baptiste Daramy
12. Randstad-Ausy - #155 - Clara Fortin
13. A l'Aveugle - #115 - Remi Rabbé
14. Yoda - #65 - Franz Bouvet
15. naviguons contre le diabète - #124 - Anatole facon
16. Bleu Blanc - #149 - Thomas Hervé
See you Thursday for the rest of the races.